Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Monday, August 25, 2008

40 Trips Around the Sun

Today I completed my 40th trip around the sun! The last time I marked this day on my blog was two years ago when I turned 38. So, seeing that I missed my birthday last year (who cares about turning 39?), I thought I should be sure to post today.

I had a good time celebrating my birthday with Leysia, Max, Lilja and Miles this past Friday. We went to Zolos and I had what I consider a perfect night by ordering their "top shelf" margarita, chips and guac, their chicken enchiladas, and a slice of banana cream pie for dessert.

If you're ever in Boulder, I highly recommend Zolos and that particular combination of items!

How does it feel to be 40? Sobering! Most of my grandparents lived into their 90s, meaning if all goes well, in about 5 years, I'll have reached the half way point of my life! :-)

I'll do my best to enjoy myself until then and then I'll issue a report about my mid-life crisis! :-)

Oh, so how will I be spending my birthday today? With the first day of Fall semester at CU. Sigh.

Oh well... but I promise to sneak in some fun throughout the day!

Take care and enjoy!

Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home