Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Steven Erikson is a Genius

Don't believe me?

Start reading his Malazan Book of the Fallen series.

I'm on book two and he's the first author I've encountered that continually raises his game, often time from one section of a chapter to the next.

The amount of planning that went into this story is staggering and the story is simply amazing.

Also amazing: whenever I attempt to list my favorite characters from this story, I end up mentioning most of them. They are all terrific, with wonderful names like Tattersail, WhiskeyJack, Quick Ben, and Fiddler.

The best part? I've got eight more books to enjoy after I finish book two!

Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home