Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lumber

I saw a great quote from Dave Barry today:

“The only really good place to buy lumber is at a store where the lumber has already been cut and attached together in the form of furniture, finished, and put inside boxes.”

Dave Barry has, in his humor, always captured perfectly the feelings of those of us who have no practical skills whatsoever. Screwdriver? I saw my contractor carrying one of those.

Indeed, back at the end of 1999 when we all were wondering if the world was going to end due to the Y2K bug, Dave had an article in which he said something like: if civilization does end next month, I'll be one of the first to pass through the digestive tracks of wolves. :-)

I always thought that about summed it up!

Ken

P.S. I also like this one:

“What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home