Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rendered Unto Utter Desolation

That's me, utter desolation, due to the fact that I chose to play Uno with Lilja today.

(Lets just provide some background here. I am 39 years old, heading towards the big 40 in August. Lilja is just slightly over one tenth of my age at 4.5. She still has 1.5 years of pre-school before she enters KINDERGARTEN.)

It started out reasonably enough. She won the first hand and received 25 points; I won the second hand and received 16 points for my efforts.

Lilja then wins five hands in a row to bring her score to 475 points!!!! I then manage to win a hand raking in 4, count them, 4 points bringing my score to 20 points.

Lilja goes on to win the next two hands.

Final score?

Lilja: 503
Papa: 20

Sigh.

Ken

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Peyman said...

It sounds like the tables have turned... you're the one getting the spanking! ;-)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed! And just to clarify, I'm not "letting Lilja win", she's beating me fair and square.

<Hangs Head In Shame>

Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home