Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My "Heroes"

Through the magic of iTunes, I've been watching the new TV show, Heroes, which appears on NBC. I've been loving every minute of this TV series. The actors are great, the story is interesting and well constructed, and the special effects are terrific.

And, tonight, I was rewarded with what I consider the best episode of a TV show that I've seen in a long long time! The episode called "Five Years Gone" is a masterpiece! It was so exciting, I went back and watched the ending three times in a row!! When Sylar and Peter engage in what would have to be their final battle (in that particular timeline), you just have to jump up out of your seat with excitement.

The actors really shine in this episode... they have to leave their characters of "present day" and portray them as they would be after having to endure five extremely difficult years. And to end the story knowing that there is a (small) chance that Hiro (hah!) can go back in time and change it all, spare them all that pain and grief, is energizing.

I've downloaded the latest episode ("The Hard Part") and I'll watch it tomorrow. I will then be all caught up and I'll have to wait for the next episodes as if I'm actually watching the show on TV. Imagine that.

Ken

P.S. iTunes is great... I'm only interested in Heroes, Lost, Desperate Housewives, and The Office, so I only download those shows. I pay for them, so I don't have to watch any commercials. Heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home