Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Made It Through the Snow

Hi,

Just a quick follow-up to my last post: After 2 hours and 45 minutes, I made it safely back to the apartment. Most of that time was spent on South Boulder Road waiting in traffic caused by people whose cars could not handle the snow. When I got to South Boulder Road and 75th street, I saw on the order of 5-7 cars in the right hand lane that were simply abandoned, forcing the two lanes of traffic to merge and turning a normal 10-15 minute drive into one that took hours.

A big hat tip to Mike Kienitz who eight years ago recommended that we buy a Subrau Legacy wagon, which we did, and thus ensured that I made it home that night. I call that car the "little car that can" because it took everything the weather threw at it and just kept moving along. All wheel drive is awesome!

Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home