Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Miles Comes Home

Yesterday, Miles and L. came home from the hospital. Yeah!

Now, L. and I can begin our transformation into walking zombies as we can no longer depend on professional neonatal nurses to help us with Miles during the middle of the night! Last night wasn't too bad... I was up at 3:30 in the morning with Miles giving him a bottle and one other time dealing with Lilja. I can handle two interruptions to my sleep at night, no problem... but we don't have enough interaction with Miles yet to know if this will be a pattern or if he'll get up more often as he gets older. L. had a bit more problems getting to sleep last night but has been able to rest today while the kids are at school. Only three more days until Ilene arrives to provide us with the support we'll need to make it through our last month here in Aarhus.

Here are three new photos of Miles. This one I call “Do you like my pants?” for obvious reasons.

Do you like my pants?

Next, a close-up of Miles lying on a pillow in our bed.

Miles on Pillow

Finally, here is a shot of Miles all bundled up taking a nap today.

Miles Sleeping

Its tough being a newborn and he needs a lot of sleep. Actually at this stage, newborns do only three things: eat, sleep, and po… well, I'll let you guess what the third thing is! :-)

Enjoy,

Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home