Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

2008: All Downhill from Here

Yesterday, a former undergraduate student of mine sent me the following message:




Subject: Thanks

Hi Ken,

I was just reading an article on Joel on Software (its from Jan 8th) about what people learn at Universities these days…and the comments that followed. I think that having taken the three classes I took with you I can say I was given a much better education than the picture he is painting. And I just wanted to say thanks for being a great Software Engineering professor. There are many interesting professors and courses at CU, but the students that take your classes that plan to work in this world are the lucky ones…




And there you have it, since his message made my entire year, 2008 can do nothing but go downhill from here! ☺

Ken

P.S. Teachers of all stripes know how rare unsolicited comments like this one are, and so I just had to post it here to remind me that I occasionally receive them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home