Adventures in Aarhus

This is a blog to capture the adventures of Ken, Leysia, Max and Lilja while spending their first sabbatical in Aarhus, Denmark.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Miles: One Month Old

Miles Cooling His Jets

Miles turned one month old today and I thought it would be good to publish a status report. He is now 5 kg, which is 11 pounds. He has earned a new nickname, smiles, because he now occasionally favors us with a very cute smile and he just started reliably tracking the person who is in front of him. Here is a shot of Miles being weighed today by the nurse that came to check on him today. (The third time she has come since Miles was born!)

Miles Gets Weighed

Over the past month, he has endeared himself to me by falling asleep on my shoulder nearly every time I hold him! And, it has become quite evident that Miles is a sweet and gentle soul and we love having him as part of the family!

Lilja and Max dote on him every day and Lilja, in particular, loves talking to him. If he cries in her presence, she runs to him and says "Miles, I right here..." or "My Miles" or "Miles sleeping?" and the like. She also is very interested in classifying toys as either belonging to her or Miles (Max apparently is not allowed to own anything) and, in some cases, I've heard her say "This is Miles's toy but I play with it."

That's it for now!

Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home